Monday, October 5, 2009

When will it end?

The training so far has been taking up every single one of my mornings (and some afternoons too). While my co-workers are sleeping in 'til noon, I'm up at 7:30 every day to get ready, eat breakfast, and get myself to the training room. I know it won't last forever, but it's exhausting at the moment.

Today I completed the last portion of my PAIE (Person Assisting In an Emergency) training. It was definitely the most interesting so far... probably because it was the most interactive. Two days ago I had my firefighting training and we all had a chance to try out the fire hose, shooting water out the back mooring deck. I'm sure the people on shore must have been quite puzzled about this water shooting out the rear of the ship. Then today I had life saving training which included learning about all the life saving equipment on board, getting into a life raft, and a tour of the bridge.

Tonight we have a late-ish ice show (around 10pm). I'm not really sure why since the average passenger age on this cruise is probably 70. The older crowd doesn't tend to attend late activities so it might be a fairly empty studio tonight.

Anyway, time to leave for my next training section, simply entitled "New Hire Training", real specific.

No comments:

Post a Comment