Monday, November 2, 2009

St. Maarten

Today is one of those days when it hits me again that I love my job. There are parts to my job I dislike, I think everyone experiences that to some extent, but the fact that I'm living on a ship that visits warm caribbean islands every week is still sinking in. I'm used to going on vacations to a caribbean destination one or two times per year, but getting used to being here almost once a week is a bit different.

Had a lazy day so far today. Only had to wake up to work at 11am, and even then all we had to do was take down the dashers along the ice rink which are used for passenger skating sessions. The next thing I'm scheduled for doesn't happen until 7:15pm, so I have plenty of time to just wander around St. Maarten. So far I had a lunch consisting of conch fritters, jerk chicken and ribs, and 2 wonderfully strong drinks.

Unfortunately I'll be going on duty again tomorrow, which means I won't be able to get off the ship for a week. But at least the Blades install is over, so I won't be called upon to make ice at all hours of the day.

2 comments:

  1. I was on Explorer last week; I think I saw you at the Sunday 5PM ice show telling someone to stop video taping the show

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah that was probably me. Something I have to do all too often... I do wish people would use common sense. I have never been to any live show where video taping was permitted so really I don't know why anyone tries (not to mention the video-taping policy is also displayed on the LED banners around the room and mentioned 3 different times during pre-show announcements).

    ReplyDelete