Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween on the Explorer

Cruise pics 037As someone who has cruised several times as a passenger before, I have to say that I never considered what a Halloween cruise would be like. It just never occurred to me, really. I’ve been on several new years’ cruises, so I know what those are like, but never Halloween.

In addition to decorations around the ship, the cruise staff organized two large Halloween events: a costume parade and a dance party. Both were extremely well-attended. Anyone who dressed up for Halloween was given the opportunity to be in the parade, and many opted to do so. At least 200 passengers in addition to several crew and staff members participated in the parade, and I would estimate over 1000 were there to watch. The parade started at the forward end of the ship and headed toward the aft, and down the Centrum staircase into Studio B, where the dance party was to take place. This resulted in a very full dance party as we just kept sending folks down the stairs into Studio B. The party only lasted about an hour but I was astonished by the level of attendance.

I got a few photos of both the parade and the party, but of course the lighting was fairly dim so the quality of the photos is not the greatest (click the photos to view full-size). Some of the scenery for “Spirits of the Seasons” came in quite handy for this party.


Cruise pics 039 Cruise pics 041 Cruise pics 042 Cruise pics 043

No comments:

Post a Comment