Saturday, August 27, 2011

Time is Flying By...

I can't believe I'm already halfway through this contract.  The past month or so has been quite busy for me.  I received my new Road Hog console Aug. 13, so I spent the following 3 days working very hard on getting the rest of the showfile converted and was able to start using the new console that same week for shows.  Since then,. I haven't had a single problem and programming anything has been a breeze.

As expected, I also ended up being promoted to Head Sound & Light technician, also on August 13.  A few extra responsibilities and a bit more pay but otherwise nothing has changed.  Things seem to be running smoothly so far though.

Itineraries for Asia have now been released internally so while I cannot say right now what is going to be available, I will say that there is going to be a lot of variety and we are going to be very busy I am sure as some cruises are as short as 3 days and as long as 7 so the schedule will be constantly changing and it is going to be a big undertaking to make sure that everyone is in the right places at the right times for shows and events all around the ship.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ryan, looks like things are going great for you. I hope the new Road Hog is working out well. It's funny how our paths have paralleled, HAL has been very fun to work with and I've been lucky to go on some very cool itineraries. Though definitely not as cool as Asia and Australia. Look me up on facebook, I've got loads of pictures there. Just search for cantu.erik@gmail.com. take care man, I hope to catch up with you sometime.

    ReplyDelete