Monday, December 20, 2010

Interview? Please?

Alright so I think I just made it through the last step before getting an interview.  This month has been very hectic with cast install going on and even though I have been doing a lot of work, the theatre PM has been very busy and therefore I didn't want to bother him about my promotion 'til it was done.  Now that it is, it sounds like we'll be able to get the cruise director to sign off today and hopefully e-mail the paperwork out to the Miami office tomorrow.  What remains uncertain is whether the people in charge of the interviewing are still in the office tomorrow or if they have started their vacation(s) already.  All that I'm hoping is that I have this interview and a final yes/no by December 31.  I had made it a personal goal to get promoted within 2010 and it looks like I might just barely make it-- as long as there is indeed still someone in the office to do the interview.

In the meanwhile, I'm sure I've mentioned before that it can be very difficult being away from family during the holiday season.  However, the black shirt team on Voyager has made it a lot easier.  We have been doing lots of Christmas decorating and also a secret Santa (with very late notice, I might add).  I also bought some decorations for my cabin at walmart 2 weeks ago which has helped a lot.  I recall on Explorer last year we did next to nothing for Christmas and it seemed to just come and go all in one day, and that one day we worked non-stop so I barely even remember what happened.

Anyway I guess my next post will be post-interview (at least I certainly hope so!) and I'm hoping I'll have some good news to share.

8 comments:

  1. GOOD LUCK...i hope that you get it you deserve the promo...

    miss you

    Martine ( I hope that you miss me to!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan, If you dont get the interview with RCL, you should consider looking at another cruise line for your next contract. Sometimes it can be necessary to step out and move up then step back in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your interview. It sounds like you certainly deserve the job. And Merry Christmas and happy new year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck. grandMA is where it's at.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really hope you get that promotion. I just come back from a cruise on the 19th and you guys work hard and I appreciate your work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ryan....I am trying to reach a bartender aboard the voyager. I lost the contact information I had for him. His name is Pedro and he is from Colombia. He usually works the Skybar on Deck 12. I should have just given him my info too. :-) But if you get a chance to see him or if you know him, please tell him I was trying to contact him. He can email me at palaogirl@aol.com. I appreciate anything you can do. Happy Holidays to you and your family and I wish you all the best for the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry.....the name is Alicia. I just got back on the 19th from the Voyager.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pedro Wright is his name.

    ReplyDelete