Friday, August 6, 2010

Adventure to Voyager

I’m currently at a bar at St. Maarten airport, awaiting my 4pm flight to Paris, where I will connect on another flight to Barcelona, Spain.  It’s nice to have a brief break away from a ship and still get paid for it.  I’ll be arriving in Barcelona at approximately 10:00am tomorrow and I really hope I will be able to check-in right away because I don’t have a history of sleeping on planes.  Luckily I did manage to score myself an emergency exit row seat which is very helpful for me at 6’4” tall.
My last 5 days on Serenade were great as there was an overlap in scheduling my replacement and therefore we had an extra stage staff for 5 days, and that extra was me.  Being the extra meant that I was not scheduled for many duties and with that kind of free time I was able to run lights during shows for 4 days straight.  Since I didn’t get to run lights even once on Explorer in my 6 months, this was a nice opportunity for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment