Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Two Weeks!

Wow, and here I was thinking that these last few weeks were going to be the longest of my life. Time has actually been passing fairly quickly for me as my departure date approaches. For the past couple years I have been doing some freelance work, in order to earn an income while I was at college. Let me tell you, nothing brings in a flood of last-minute work like telling your clients you'll be out of the country for 6 months. So I've been plenty busy with that.

Last week I passed and submitted my medical exam, so there is no more paperwork left for me to submit at this point. All I have to worry about is how to get my entire life for the next six months, packed into two suitcases weighing less than 50lbs. each. Luckily I'm well-traveled and know how to pack, but it's still going to be tough. I've just learned that United Airlines has no weight limit on carry-on luggage, so I'm going to be packing my small carry-on suitcase denser than a lead brick in order to ease off the demands on the other two suitcases.

The excitement is building as September 30th draws nearer, only 15 more days!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, to be young again and going to sea on a cruiseship. My wife and I will be on the Explorer 2/5/10. I will keep an eye out for you. We wish you well.
    Ron and Marian

    ReplyDelete
  2. word to the wise - posting on internet forum while employed (esp cruise critic) is very dicey and actually grounds for dismissal if they can trace it back to you. There was a cruise staff who was fired for posting about problems and policy on CC. Best to be anonomous, It's OK for blogs and FB, but be careful elsewhere.

    PS - If i was on your ship, I'd be your boss;-) Check out the RCCL
    "Men in Black" forum on facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the advice, suzphoto. Yes that is something I am being very cautious about on CC, and here as well. I'm making it my own policy not to post info about RCCL that isn't publicly available anywhere else on the web.

    I'll take a look for the FB group.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ryan, what kind of freelance work did you do? I'm currently in college and run sound and lighting at local events. I also repair equipment. Also, what did you get your degree in?

    ReplyDelete